Posts tagged Ipod Touch
Just some ramblings to share with you.
- I updated my goals post today. Getting more accomplished but still have a ways to go.
- Today two nice young adults were going around the neighborhood picking up garbage. They handed me a business card for a new church. I have no idea what kind of church it is.
- I think Apple needs to come out with some technology for the Ipod Touch such as the IPad has to get WiFi anywhere. I need a new router so I can’t get online with it anymore at home and I realized how little WiFi Pittsburgh has. The IPad seems just to big and clunky to carry around like an IPod Touch. Besides I would worry about busting the screen.
- A biggie. I won two tickets to Pittsburgh Magazine’s Best Restaurants Party from a contest the Magazine was running! I have to borrow clothes to wear. I have never been to such a big event before but am VERY excited! Of coarse I will have my camera to blog all about it.
- I have more blogs to write about places I have been this past week. I am trying to keep my negative thought blogs to myself for now but eventually they may come out.
- It’s a rainy weekend here in Pittsburgh. I usually hibernate when its cold and rainy so we shall see if I get out to grocery shop today. I need food in my house!!!!!!
I have had an iPod Touch for almost a year now. At first I downloaded apps that looked fun or interesting, downloading to my hearts content. Most of them had a short life span as the novelty wore off very quickly. I stuck with all free apps, and actually to this day do. I paid for two apps, two games I liked for 99 cents. I wanted the full version after playing the demo over and over. I have found that I can find free apps for just about anything I want or need. In the begining I even downloaded podcasts, but have unsubscribed from them all once I realized I never had time nor really cared to listen to them or watch them.
A really neat pc tool I found however allows you to download YouTube videos and converts them for use on your Ipod. It will even put it in your iTunes Library for you. Do a search for them there are many out there now, they were harder to find when I first looked.
I have decided that what is the point of having an iPod Touch if your not utilizing it. For me its now my mini laptop and mini pda all wrapped into one. There are things I can’t do on it like anything flash related, can’t use the internet when not in a wi-fi location (at home I have wi-fi so all is good), can’t download files directly to it. There is an exception to files though. There are apps that will put documents, pdfs, etc on your ipod which I will list what I use. You can’t download pics from the internet to it, but you can take a screenshot of them. Didn’t know you could do that? It’s easy, just press the start button (top left of the iPod) and the circle menu button on the front at the same time. Instant screen shot. It is saved in your photos.
I had a hard time utilizing it for what I am now. I saw it as a toy not a tool. I couldn’t get rid of that calendar I kept in my purse and stuffing my bills in my purse to remind me to pay them. Here I will list my favorite apps that I use to keep me organized and that are useful :)
- Intuition: This is something I don’t know how I lived without and I haven’t even utilized it to its fullest yet. Basically it’s an awesome calendar. You can set it up to send you push reminders via your Ipod as well as email reminders of events. You can view your events by category
- Bill Tracker Lite: You can enter bills as they come with due dates, how much etc. You make a list of your accounts where you can put in account numbers and contact info so you always have it with you. When you pay a bill you can enter date paid and conformation numbers. If you want to upgrade for 99 cents you can enter re-occuring bills so you don’t have to enter them each month. I am sure there are other features but I don’t care much to pay for it, it works great for me as is.
- Banking Mobile: I didn’t link to it as thats not the real name of the app I use. Look up your bank name and see if your’s has a free app too! I can check my balance and so many transactions as well as transfer money and pay bills through my account. I wish there were more features but I can live with that on the go for now.
- BlogPressLite: Do you have a blogger? I can write drafts or posts and save or publish right from my Ipod. Pictures can also be included. It doesn’t have many features but it does the job and it’s free. - MobileRSS: Speaking of Blogs do you ready any? Get your google feeds on your Iphone! The only thing missing is blog comments but for the blogs itself and news feeds it’s great and free. There is a paid version for $4.99 but I don’t get what more you get.
- Facebook: Really if your on facebook you might as well. What can’t you do? Play flash games, participate in groups. Other than that it suites me just fine
- iPeriod Free: This is a womens tool. Keep track of your period. Simple and easy to use and is right on the dot for me.
- GoAruna: The is a file tool. It holds all my files on my Ipod that I want to be able to read on the go. It requires a free online account and computer to download files to your ipod via a free desktop application. You can also send files to others via email. I keep things such as my Girl Scout Troop roster on here.
- Price: This nifty little tool will tell you your tax and/or discount. It is helpful when shopping. Some stuff is easy to do in your head, some either isn’t or you just are too shopping frazzled to think straight.
- Amazon: search and shop on Amazon.com with your account.
- Ebay: search for items and shop on Ebay.com with your account.
- PayPal: if you use PayPal you can access your account with this app.
- craigsphone: Get craigslist on your Ipod. It can be a pain but still useful.
- Fandango: Get movie times, theatre info, buy tickets and watch trailers all on this handy little app.
- PhoneFlicks: Have a Netflix account? Access it here.
Thats all for this edition of Ipod Apps I use. Next time I will focus on some nifty games to play.