Archive for April, 2010
I got bored one summer day and decided to make my own BBQ Sauce Recipe. Maybe it was an inner excuse to have everyone over the next day for a cookout LOL That day I brushed it on chicken on the grill.
With warm weather approaching I decided to share this recipe with you
Roxy’s Rockin’ BBQ Sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 C cider vinegar
¼ C Worcestershire sauce
1 C ketchup
¼ C brown sugar
½ C water
¼ C finely chopped onion or 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Makes about 1 ½ cups.
If you try it, let me know what you thought!
So if your missing my Idol Blogs I appologize. I’m getting bored with the show. I’m not excited. I DVR most episodes and sometimes watch that night, sometimes not. Tonights episode so far is 13 minutes over it’s 2 hour time slot. DVR cut it off already and I’m waiting to find out who gets voted off. I hope to see Crystal and Lee in the top 2.
My cat seems to not like my dog. What would make me think that? Well besides chasing the dog he gets on top of her and bites her back. Ugh I hate cats seriosly. For one I’m allergic, and secondly they are just vile creatures who think they own your house. Counter top? Of coarse I’m allowed on it. Every now and then they are cute.
Like when they lay next to the dog instead of biting her.
I couldn’t figure out if my dog actually liked it or was afraid he would claw her eyes out.
And then you have days where he does a non cat like thing and bathes himself in the laundry tub. No, he wasn’t only drinking it he came out soaked lol
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out if I should keep my Twitter account. Do people really care what I have to say in so few words? I don’t know over half the people I follow personally many are stars. They sure the he’ll don’t follow my tweets. Why should I care what they have to say if they don’t care about little ole me? I logged into Twitter tonight and got a message I never saw before…
Btw I’m sick to fucking death of hearing about Big Ben, of what fans think about him, and the Steelers in general. Its on my tv, radio, twitter, facebook, news sites, etc. Sick of it. Who the hell cares what he did. Pay attention to your own damn girlfriends/spouses/etc. The Pens are in the playoffs dammit!!!
Idol went over 24 minutes if you care or missed it. I’m sorry but every other looser got to sing a closing song when they got booted. Booo Idol for taking up so much time you couldn’t include that!
If you have a minute check my last blog post that has a short survey about my blog
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch
I decided to make a list of goals for myself. Things I need do to, things I want to do. If you read my blog from last night you may understand why I am doing this. I have alot of built up anger and negativity. I also do more for other’s than I do for myself. In the case of my children it can be good but I do it in all areas of my life.
It can be so hard to change, but that negativity towards it has stopped me for many years. No more excuses. I need to take my life into my own hands and make things happen. I am responsible for making myself happy.
- Try to be more positive [trying hard, difficult when things keep going wrong] [i have been doing alot more of this, even in my blog. we all have our moments tho.] [I think I did a good job through the year. I had my ups and downs of positivity but I think I did better than I had previous years.]
- Do more for myself [since I am laid off I have time for it, no excuse] [i'm probably taking too much time for myself some days. but hey it's ok] [I didn't end the year well in this category. For some reason I get more pleasure from doing for others even if it means I am unhappy. I can't seem to break this habit.]
- Take care of myself [since I am laid off I have time for it, no excuse] [I didn't end the year doing well here either. I need to focus on this more.]
- finish last cookbook and promote it. [I did not do this at all. It is on my new list]
- go through my clothes and get rid of what i hang onto [finally went through my clothes. I now have more room in my drawers!]
- go through my house and get rid of what i hang onto [started working on this. my living room is less cluttered. need to work on the rest of the house yet] [i'm slacking, need to do more and possibly box some stuff up for a flea market] [I have been keeping busy doing things I shouldn't be doing so my hard work in the beginning is looking like I didn't bother at all] [with a remodel project i was able to get rid of many things I should have a long time ago. I can always work on this.]
- cut down on how much of my time I volunteer [already started. I have given up way to much of the last 10 years of my life] [have a camping trip this weekend which is the last of my volunteer commitments] [i went to a meeting of another organization. why do i always do this to myself? It is a good cause tho, for my kids school. the meeting was overwhelming tho and I am not sure in what capacity I will help.] [I don't volunteer for anything anymore. I do miss it though, it was rewarding.]
- learn to cook healthy food [working on it. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution got me going!] [have been getting my kids eating better too. my oldest has been the easiest thus far, my youngest is my most difficult] [i'm doing better grocery shopping but eating out more often since i've had people to hang out with and it's tearing my stomach up.] [when i went to get my hair done she told me my hair looked healthier than ever and she said it's because I'm eating better!]
- finish dvd’s of photo’s on computer [yay finally done with that! now getting the kids to burn their stuff.]
- have pics printed [I had one set of pics printed and they were of my dog who passed away so I still need to do this]
- cut down on how many facebook games i play [started working on this. i cut it down to farmville, cafe world and zoo world. there were many more] [I play one game, farmville.]
- decide if twitter is necessary [for now I decided to keep it] [and i have barley used it in months now]
- decide what i want my blog to be [just about me and whatever i may fancy. i got this idea i needed a theme for awhile. screw a theme its whatever!] [check out my new goals post for this]
- organize blog labels: [This was the easiest to accomplish. I wanted my labels to be different than most. And cut down on how many I had with the wide array of topics I blog about.]
- start saving money to make my dreams come true [did not happen and I don't want to talk about it.]
- write more [i have been blogging more.] [i have been writing almost every weekday now.] [I have slacked in writing more but it's not because I don't want to I just don't have much time.]
- use my “Wreck this Journal” [this is again on my list as I haven't touched it]
To see my new goals check out Looking towards 2011.