Archive for April, 2010
I got bored one summer day and decided to make my own BBQ Sauce Recipe. Maybe it was an inner excuse to have everyone over the next day for a cookout LOL That day I brushed it on chicken on the grill.
With warm weather approaching I decided to share this recipe with you
Roxy’s Rockin’ BBQ Sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 C cider vinegar
¼ C Worcestershire sauce
1 C ketchup
¼ C brown sugar
½ C water
¼ C finely chopped onion or 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
Makes about 1 ½ cups.
If you try it, let me know what you thought!
So if your missing my Idol Blogs I appologize. I’m getting bored with the show. I’m not excited. I DVR most episodes and sometimes watch that night, sometimes not. Tonights episode so far is 13 minutes over it’s 2 hour time slot. DVR cut it off already and I’m waiting to find out who gets voted off. I hope to see Crystal and Lee in the top 2.
My cat seems to not like my dog. What would make me think that? Well besides chasing the dog he gets on top of her and bites her back. Ugh I hate cats seriosly. For one I’m allergic, and secondly they are just vile creatures who think they own your house. Counter top? Of coarse I’m allowed on it. Every now and then they are cute.
Like when they lay next to the dog instead of biting her.
I couldn’t figure out if my dog actually liked it or was afraid he would claw her eyes out.
And then you have days where he does a non cat like thing and bathes himself in the laundry tub. No, he wasn’t only drinking it he came out soaked lol
I have been racking my brain trying to figure out if I should keep my Twitter account. Do people really care what I have to say in so few words? I don’t know over half the people I follow personally many are stars. They sure the he’ll don’t follow my tweets. Why should I care what they have to say if they don’t care about little ole me? I logged into Twitter tonight and got a message I never saw before…
Btw I’m sick to fucking death of hearing about Big Ben, of what fans think about him, and the Steelers in general. Its on my tv, radio, twitter, facebook, news sites, etc. Sick of it. Who the hell cares what he did. Pay attention to your own damn girlfriends/spouses/etc. The Pens are in the playoffs dammit!!!
Idol went over 24 minutes if you care or missed it. I’m sorry but every other looser got to sing a closing song when they got booted. Booo Idol for taking up so much time you couldn’t include that!
If you have a minute check my last blog post that has a short survey about my blog
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch
I decided to make a list of goals for myself. Things I need do to, things I want to do. If you read my blog from last night you may understand why I am doing this. I have alot of built up anger and negativity. I also do more for other’s than I do for myself. In the case of my children it can be good but I do it in all areas of my life.
It can be so hard to change, but that negativity towards it has stopped me for many years. No more excuses. I need to take my life into my own hands and make things happen. I am responsible for making myself happy.
- Try to be more positive [trying hard, difficult when things keep going wrong] [i have been doing alot more of this, even in my blog. we all have our moments tho.] [I think I did a good job through the year. I had my ups and downs of positivity but I think I did better than I had previous years.]
- Do more for myself [since I am laid off I have time for it, no excuse] [i'm probably taking too much time for myself some days. but hey it's ok] [I didn't end the year well in this category. For some reason I get more pleasure from doing for others even if it means I am unhappy. I can't seem to break this habit.]
- Take care of myself [since I am laid off I have time for it, no excuse] [I didn't end the year doing well here either. I need to focus on this more.]
- finish last cookbook and promote it. [I did not do this at all. It is on my new list]
- go through my clothes and get rid of what i hang onto [finally went through my clothes. I now have more room in my drawers!]
- go through my house and get rid of what i hang onto [started working on this. my living room is less cluttered. need to work on the rest of the house yet] [i'm slacking, need to do more and possibly box some stuff up for a flea market] [I have been keeping busy doing things I shouldn't be doing so my hard work in the beginning is looking like I didn't bother at all] [with a remodel project i was able to get rid of many things I should have a long time ago. I can always work on this.]
- cut down on how much of my time I volunteer [already started. I have given up way to much of the last 10 years of my life] [have a camping trip this weekend which is the last of my volunteer commitments] [i went to a meeting of another organization. why do i always do this to myself? It is a good cause tho, for my kids school. the meeting was overwhelming tho and I am not sure in what capacity I will help.] [I don't volunteer for anything anymore. I do miss it though, it was rewarding.]
- learn to cook healthy food [working on it. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution got me going!] [have been getting my kids eating better too. my oldest has been the easiest thus far, my youngest is my most difficult] [i'm doing better grocery shopping but eating out more often since i've had people to hang out with and it's tearing my stomach up.] [when i went to get my hair done she told me my hair looked healthier than ever and she said it's because I'm eating better!]
- finish dvd’s of photo’s on computer [yay finally done with that! now getting the kids to burn their stuff.]
- have pics printed [I had one set of pics printed and they were of my dog who passed away so I still need to do this]
- cut down on how many facebook games i play [started working on this. i cut it down to farmville, cafe world and zoo world. there were many more] [I play one game, farmville.]
- decide if twitter is necessary [for now I decided to keep it] [and i have barley used it in months now]
- decide what i want my blog to be [just about me and whatever i may fancy. i got this idea i needed a theme for awhile. screw a theme its whatever!] [check out my new goals post for this]
- organize blog labels: [This was the easiest to accomplish. I wanted my labels to be different than most. And cut down on how many I had with the wide array of topics I blog about.]
- start saving money to make my dreams come true [did not happen and I don't want to talk about it.]
- write more [i have been blogging more.] [i have been writing almost every weekday now.] [I have slacked in writing more but it's not because I don't want to I just don't have much time.]
- use my “Wreck this Journal” [this is again on my list as I haven't touched it]
To see my new goals check out Looking towards 2011.
If you have been reading my blog you will notice I can be a very negative person. I do believe it stems from my parents. Unfortunatly it has been passed onto my children. Thankfully not as bad as far as I can tell but it’s there.
My husband and I have been going to marriage counseling since November. We needed to do something or move on. I can’t say things are hunky dorey but were learning to deal with each other better. In the long run whatever happens I think we will be able to talk better at least.
This evening I had a session alone. We talked about how I deal with our issues and a little about family. We had went further into family dynamics at an earlier session. There we discovered I have a huge disconnect with my fathers side of the family. I have found I would like to re-connect with them. The distance makes it difficult but it’s something I hope to work on.
During tonights session we talked about my letting go of things. She shared a few ways to help me do that. I used to do Yoga until I pulled a muscle in my back though I would like to start that again too. She pulled out a deck of cards and asked me to pick one. One? Lol I went through and wound up with 6. She asked me to narrow it down to 3 and I was stuck on 4. So we dealt with the 4. She was nice enough to make copies of the cards for me.
So card 1 stated on the front:
Rely on yourself
On the back it says:
Today’s lesson: look at the issue of dependency. Do you rely upon others to do what you should be doing for yourself? Healing is a solo endeaver, and while we all need support during this process, ultimatly the task of self-empowerment rests with us. Your goal: to identify and modify the ways in which you release personal responsability to others.
I do tend to make others responsable for things. One for instance is my happiness. I spent many years depressed thinking I needed validation from my husband to be happy with myself.
Card 2 front:
Let go of resentment.
On the back:
Today’s lesson: acknowledge one resentful feeling you need to release, and keep in mind that all types of resentment are poisin and harm the healing process. Your goal: to become mindful of your reasons for staying angry, and to begin letting go of negative feelings by the end of the day.
I know I’m resentful of alot of things. I resent my parents for not being strict enough, for abuse, and much more. I resent my husband for not always being what I want him to be. It doesn’t help me feel good and I need to learn to let go of some of these things for which I have no control over or have ended long ago.
Follow your dreams
Today’s lesson: point out one special dream or ambition that you’ve vacillated about or postponed. What has motivated you to put posative actions on hold? Your goal: to determine whether your excuse is real, and if not, identify the real reason you’ve delayed so that you can do something about it.
So it’s hard to make your dreams come true if you have all this unsettled negativity and built up anger. If you asked me earlier what is stopping me from my dreams I would have said my husband. But I have to wonder if it’s my relying on him for my happiness. We don’t share the same dream but I have to decide if that’s what I want with or without him. I guess these all need dealt with.
Last is card 4:
Eat healthful foods
Todays lesson: eat only foods that are good for you. Perhaps this is something you normally do, in which case you should feel very good about how well you’re caring for yourself. Most people, however, know that they should be more attentive to this area, but find it difficult. Your goal: to practice healthy nutrition.
This is something I have been working on. It’s difficult coming home from work and not just popping in something quick. I love to cook but even before my work days I cooked fatty, fried, you name it bad food. I cooked good food too. Finding foods we will all like is also difficult as well as it does seem to cost more.
So I am going to try and think of these things and continue to work on them. I can’t promise I won’t bitch or vent cause sometimes you just need to, but I will try to do it less as I know it only angers me more half the time.
With that said I feel better about things after that session. I don’t know what the future holds but I need to rely more on myself to be happy instead of expecting others to make me happy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch